TOPIC 2014 presidential elections
features
A presidential race, anyone?
Asmahan Soliman | We map the possible candidates and Sisi's re-election plan for the 2018 presidential elections
A disintegrating coalition: Rifts re-emerge after Dostour Party’s default leadership election
Mai Shams El-Din | Rifts have re-emerged within the Dostour Party days after the default election of Khaled Dawoud as party
The turnout question
Mai Shams El-Din | Before the turnout of 47.4 percent was officially announced by the Presidential Election Commission last
In pro-Sisi Mansoura, embittered youth avoid the polls
Alexia Underwood | The day before voting began in the presidential election, the road from Cairo to Mansoura was littered
Pundits wring hands over low voter turnout
Mostafa Mohie | Voting was still open on the first day of the presidential election, and television presenters were already
The hopeful underdogs
Passant Rabie | Driving up to presidential candidate Abdel Fattah al-Sisi’s campaign headquarters through the picturesque
Apathetic students
Mai Shams El-Din | Ahmed Khalaf was startled when he got a phone call from this reporter, because he expected news of arrest
Mahalla highlights workers’ high expectations of Sisi
Jano Charbel | Although he has not proposed any specific labor reforms, presidential candidate Abdel Fattah al-Sisi seems
The voice of Christians
Lina Attalah | In the Daher neighborhood, east of Cairo, signs and billboards in support of presidential candidate Abdel

More features

Opinion
Paul Sedra
Thinking about Egyptian politics from the bottom up
Most analysis of Egypt’s presidential elections — save for that in Egypt itself — is unremittingly
Sherene Seikaly
Our man, Sisi
For the next two days, some Egyptians will take to the streets to perform yet another hollow electoral
Sara Khorshid
Decorating authoritarian rule
The sight of Algeria’s 77-year-old leader Abdelaziz Bouteflika casting his ballot from a wheelchair

More Op-eds

News
Complaint filed against Abdel Moneim Abouel Fotouh for insulting the president
Morsi urges perseverance, says Muslim Brotherhood
Sisi thanks the nation on state TV following his win
Sisi wins presidency with 96.9% of valid votes: Election Commission
EU election observation mission defends objectivity
Diplomat slams EU election report
AD

More News

AD

Cartoons
Cartoon: Concussion
Andeel | Man: "I totally lost my memory — I can't remember at all why I elected Sisi!!"
Cartoon: Abdel FatTahya Masr
Andeel | Abdel Fattah al-Sisi + Tahya Masr (long live Egypt) = "Abdel FatTahya Masr" 
Cartoon: The field marshal’s plan
Andeel |  Caption: The field marshal announces his presidential planPlan: To hell with revolution, and with those who made it happen.
Cartoon: Where is daddy?
Andeel | Sisi: Where is Daddy?