The Mada Morning Digest is a comprehensive daily overview of the Arabic-language press in Egypt, translated into English, summarized and emailed every morning from Sunday to Thursday.
The Digest unpacks Egypt’s complex political, economic and social conditions as represented by local press. More than just the average press review, it gives a broad perspective that is contextualized and nuanced.
Emailed to you at 8 am Cairo local time, Sunday to Thursday, the Digest:
- Offers an analytical overview of how news is covered by adding context and background
The three to four top news are covered every day
- Offers a selection of opinions from influential voices and shapers of public opinion in outlets ranging from state-run to partisan and privately owned newspapers
Three to four opinion pieces are summarized and analyzed every day, featuring from the most influential columnists to less famous but interesting ones
- Highlights side stories and developments that don’t make the headlines
Side stories offer original story leads for journalists and offer a glimpse on the country’s pulse outside of the news cycle
- Offers a sampling of cartoons and caricatures from the newspapers commenting on the main news of the day
- Offers links to relevant coverage from Mada Masr and other news outlets
- Your account can be accessed from any device through a personal log-in, which also provides access to an archive of all previous days’ news.
Your personal space on will allow to easily access all the previously published Digests
Mobile-friendly email and interface
We offer special packages based on your needs for students, institutions and businesses.
For more information on the service and our packages, please check out the Mada Morning Digest here and receive a two-week free trial.
For any additional inquiries, please email us at [email protected]