The Mada Morning Digest provides a comprehensive daily overview of the Arabic-language press in Egypt. Covering state and privately owned newspapers, including Al-Ahram, Al-Akhbar, Al-Masry Al-Youm, Al- Shorouk, and Al-Watan, the Morning Digest provides a daily snapshot of the most important news coming out of Egypt’s complex political, economic and social conditions by providing exclusive information usually only available to the Arabic reader, as well as giving an insight into some of the discourses operative in the country’s press landscape.
Emailed to you at 7 am (headlines) and 9 am Cairo local time, Sunday to Thursday, the Digest:
- Provides a list of the main headlines of the day
- Offers an analytical overview of how the main news is covered by adding context and background
Two to three main news are covered every day
- Provides a run down of the day’s key issues to be discussed in Parliament, cases before Egypt’s courts, and discussions happening in the Cabinet
- Offers a selection of opinions from influential voices and shapers of public opinion in outlets ranging from state-run to partisan and privately owned newspapers
Three to four opinion pieces are summarized and analyzed every day, featuring from the most influential columnists to less famous but interesting ones
- Highlights side stories and developments that don’t make the headlines
- Offers a sampling of cartoons and caricatures from the newspapers commenting on the main news of the day
- Offers links to relevant coverage from Mada Masr and other news outlets
- Your account can be accessed from any device through a personal log-in, which also provides access to an archive of all previous days’ news.
Your personal space on will allow to easily access all the previously published Digests
Mobile-friendly email and interface
We offer special packages based on your needs for students, institutions and businesses.
For more information on the service and our packages, please check out the Mada Morning Digest here and receive a free trial.
For any additional inquiries, please email us at [email protected]